Preparing For Your Breast Reduction
Your surgeon, through our virtual consultation, will provide you with a list of instructions on what to do before your surgery.
This will cover such areas as smoking, medications, what to bring with you to the hospital and when to have your last meal before surgery.
It is of utmost importance that you follow these instructions, and the ones you will be given after your surgery. Your speedy recovery and health should be your number one priority.
You will have to strictly follow these instructions before your breast reduction Thailand surgery.
These are as follows:
- For smokers: STOP smoking two weeks before surgery. You will need another two weeks after surgery to start smoking. Smoking increases the risks of complications. Chemicals present in smoke act as free radicals that interferes with the healing process. Prolonged healing may result in the formation of large, noticeable scars. If your surgeon finds out that you are still smoking, he will not perform the surgery.
- Stop drinking alcoholic beverages a week before your surgery.
- The day before your surgery. Make sure you do not eat or drink anything at least six hours before your operation.
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
Special instructions you receive will cover:
- What to do on the day of surgery
- Post-operative care and follow-up