My Facelift Recovery
When your procedure is completed, a bandage could gently be placed around your face to minimize post facelift swelling and bruising. A thin tube may be present to drain any excess blood or fluid that may collect under the skin.
You will be given specific instructions that may include: how to care for the surgical site, medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the potential for infection, specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in overall health, and when to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
- Apply cold compress around the area for 2 days.
- Elevate head at all times. Always turn head and shoulders together.
- Avoid lifting heavy loads or bending for about 2 weeks.
- 3 days post-op hair may be washed with mild shampoo after bandages are removed.
- Normal activities can be resumed after 2-3 weeks.
- Exercise and strenuous activities can be resumed after 4 weeks.
- Hair coloring and hair dying should be avoided for about 6 weeks.
- Follow-up check and removal of stitches will be 7-10 days after surgery.
- Numbness in the scalp is expected and will subside in about 6-8 weeks.
What Makes Yanhee Facelift Different?
Unlike so many other facelift results, Yanhee’s facelift procedure avoids that pulled-back look that we've all seen on people who have had unsophisticated facelifts.
Instead, our facelift reduces excess skin while uplifting the cheeks. After all, it's not just the skin that sags with age, but what's beneath it.
The result of this unique facelift is "refreshed" beauty that appears natural, balanced and age-appropriate (that age being sometimes up to ten years younger!)
Facelift Results Will Be Long-lasting
After surgery, nature will finish the transformation initiated by your plastic surgeon. Though at first, you’ll take one step backward, feeling a little uncomfortable and looking worse for wear, that will quickly be followed by several steps forward, and you’ll be on your way to a new you.
It may take several months for swelling to fully dissipate and up to 6 months for incision lines to mature.
Life-long sun protection will help to maintain your rejuvenated appearance by minimizing photo-aging or sun damage. In addition, a healthy lifestyle will also help extend the results of your rejuvenated, more youthful appearance.