- A day after surgery, patient may do light to moderate physical activities.
- Strenuous activities may be gradually resumed 1 month after surgery.
- Wrap treated area with compression bandage snugly and continuously for 6 days to 2 weeks.
- Do not apply icepacks or a heating pad to skin overlying the areas treated by liposuction.
- Do not soak in a bath, Jacuzzi, pool or beach at least 7 days after surgery.
- Keep incision clean.
- Patient may take a shower 2 days post-surgery.
- Return for follow-up check as scheduled for removal of stitches.
Results Will Be Long-lasting
It might take a few months for the swelling to completely resolve after liposuction surgery. As it does, your new contours and improved self-esteem will continue to build up.
The satisfaction you get from the early results of liposuction would continue provided that you take control of your weight and follow a healthy lifestyle.
A substantial weight gain may reverse your results. Following liposuction, your slimmer and better-proportioned body ought to reflect the healthy and active life you live.