This is a proven technology that uses the combination of optical or light (IPL), and electrical energy (RF), with controlled external cooling, to smoothen and brighten skin restoring it to a more youthful state!
How does this procedure work?
The combined light and radio waves precisely target pigmented lesions, hair roots, gently removing unwanted spots without damaging the surrounding tissues or skin. It results in gradual lightening of pigmented imperfections, smoothening of fine lines and wrinkles and rough skin texture towards the end of the treatment series.
What kind of skin problems are best treated by this procedure?
- Pigmented lesions such as freckles, brown spots, sun or age spots, melasma, etc.
- Large open pores and fine lines or wrinkles may be reduced in size towards the end of the treatment series
- Uneven or rough skin textures
- Skin rejuvenation of face, neck, chest, hands, arms
Is it safe?
It is a very safe procedure and does not involve long term health hazards from light or radiowaves, and has been used for decades in the medical field.
How many treatments are required to achieve the best results?
The recommendation is 4-5 treatments performed at 3-4 week intervals.
- A medicated gel is applied on the treated skin of the patient to provide coolness and minimize any discomfort which may be felt during the procedure.
- The dermatologist directs the IPL and RF on the treated area on the patient’s skin.
- The patient is sent home after the 30-40 minute treatment with special instructions.
Special Tips to note before having the Treatment:
- If you are deeply tanned, wait for 4-6 weeks before you go to have this treatment, in order to avoid possible hyperpigmentation.
- Stop applying medications to the skin or irritating agents 1-2 days before this treatment.
- The skin should be cleansed from all make-up, deodorant, perfume, sunscreen, etc. when you come for the treatment.
Special Instructions after Treatment:
- Patients may resume going about with regular activities after the procedure.
- Patients may resume the use of make-up after the procedure if she so desires.
- Patients are instructed to apply sunscreen with SPF 30 or more, on the face, after the procedure.
What are the possible temporary and minor inconveniences this procedure may bring?
- Slight discomfort such as warmth or tingling sensation
- Slight redness and/or swelling
- Scabbing or crusting
- Darkening of pigmented lesions before it lightens