What is the Botox treatment all about?
The Botulinum toxin is a protein and neurotoxin produced by the Clostridium Botulinum bacteria.
Botox injection is a non-invasive method of injecting a protein into tissues to weaken, paralyze, or relax certain muscles that cause lines and wrinkles of the face, making it look smoother and younger.
This is a currently popular procedure because of its effectiveness in making wrinkles disappear, even for a temporary period of 4-6 months, after which subsequent injections may be given to the patient on this same time-table.
Causes of wrinkles:
- The aging process
- Exposure to sunlight
- Stress and anxiety
- Facial expressions such as frowning, raising the eyebrows, and even smiling
Generally, the wrinkles around the treated area disappear within 3-7 days.
A very minute dose of this protein is used per injection.
Its effects are local and this is a very safe procedure.
Indications for the use of Botox:
- Reduction of wrinkles such as Crow’s feet, frown lines, forehead lines
- Reduction of excessive sweating in underarms or palms of hands
- Reduction of muscle hypertrophy on calves, masseter muscles for chewing, and producing a V-shape slim face.
What are the common side effects of Botox?
- Transient and mild pain at the injection site
- Small bruise which usually disappears after one week
What are the contraindications for the Botox treatment?
- Lactating Mothers
- The treated area is cleaned and disinfected.
- An ice pack is applied, or a local anesthetic is applied over the treated area.
- Botox is injected into the treated area. This takes only about 5 minutes.
- The patient is made to rest briefly after the procedure and then sent home with special instructions.
Instructions for the patient after going through the Botox treatment?
- Wash the face gently and regularly.
- After the procedure, the patient may resume use of make-up if she so desires.
- No other facial treatment should be done for at least 7 days after the Botox treatment.
- Come for follow-up treatments with your doctor as scheduled.
PRICE AND PACKAGES
Take the first step and contact us through our no-cost virtual consultation. During this process, we will recommend options that will work best for you. Every client is different, so our virtual consultants and surgeons tailor the procedure to match each person’s needs.
Glabella frown lines
PRICE: 5,000 THB
PRICE: 9,200 THB