Dermal Filling with Hyaluronic Acid
What is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is dermal filler used to replace volume and restore youthful contours to the skin, as well as to smooth away moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds such as the nasolabial folds.
It works well with connective tissues to bring moisture and volume to the skin, especially for those who are aging, when there is less production of hyaluronic acid, the reason why wrinkles are easily formed.
What does HA Treatment do?
- Reduces facial wrinkles, creases, folds on smile lines, crow’s feet and forehead to achieve a more youthful look
- Plump’s eyebrows enhance volume on cheeks, chin, jaws, and lips to enhance beauty where you want it
- Fills up depressed scars and softens their appearance to create a smoother complexion
- Smoothens up hollow areas such as under the eyes
Is this a safe procedure?
This HA is produced from a non-animal source by Techno Biology, so there is no danger of animal-based allergic reaction, and it is known to be a safe procedure.
It is a 30-45 minute procedure where the dermatologist injects the filler under the skin on the treated area. The patient may feel a mild transient discomfort during the procedure so if you are anxious about this, you can tell the dermatologist before the treatment is started so he can give you some remedies. The patient is sent home after the treatment, with special instructions.
Special Instructions for the patient:
- Avoid using facial creams containing AHA, BHA, and Retinol for 2-3 days.
- The use of moisturizing cream may be resumed after the treatment.
- Eat healthy food such as fruits and vegetables, and drink plenty of water.
What are the common complications of this procedure?
- Temporary redness at the treated areas
- Mild transient itchiness or itching sensation, discomfort for 2-3 days
- Slight swelling which will gradually decrease in 2-3 days
- Bruises which gradually disappear in 5-7 days
How long will the effects of this procedure last?
The effects of this procedure will last for 6-months – 1 year, depending on the patient’s age and lifestyle, and the amount of skin care she will undertake.
The safety of HA in pregnant or breastfeeding patients or in patients under 18 years old is not established. The safety and efficacy of lip augmentation in patients under 21 years old is not established.
PRICE AND PACKAGES
Take the first step and contact us through our no-cost virtual consultation. During this process, we will recommend options that will work best for you. Every client is different, so our virtual consultants and surgeons tailor the procedure to match each person’s needs.