What is MICRODERMABRASION all about?
Microdermabrasion is a form of exfoliation to remove dead skin from the face to allow healthy skin to grow.
In our hospital, we use a device similar to a fine sandblaster, which sprays sterilized ultra-fine aluminum oxide crystals on the face, combined with gentle abrasion by suctioning the old and dead cells. Gentle removal of this old skin layer stimulates the production of a new layer of skin cells.
This procedure is non-invasive and absolutely pain-free.
What are the indications for treatment with MICRODERMABRASION?
- Acne scars and hyperpigmentation
- Large pores or uneven skin
- Stretch marks
- Skin brightening and rejuvenation
- The skin is thoroughly cleansed, after which skin cream is applied about 5-10 minutes before treatment is started.
- The preparation containing the aluminum oxide crystals is sprayed on the treated area.
- Gentle abrasion with suctioning is done on the treated area for 15-30 minutes.
- Skin cream is again applied to stimulate the production of fresh skin cells to produce healthy skin, make scars look less obvious, and lighten hyperpigmented areas.
Instructions for patients after going through Microdermabrasion:
- Avoid exposure to sunlight. Apply sunscreen to the face daily.
- Avoid application of other creams or cosmetics, especially retinol and AHA 1 day before and after treatment.
- Redness may be noted around the treated area but which usually disappears within 24 hours after the procedure.
- A series of treatments should be done every 1-2 weeks for 8-10 sessions, in order to achieve optimum results.
PRICE AND PACKAGES
Take the first step and contact us through our no-cost virtual consultation. During this process, we will recommend options that will work best for you. Every client is different, so our virtual consultants and surgeons tailor the procedure to match each person’s needs.
Face: Treatment of acne scars and hyperpigmentation
Stretch Marks - abdomen/tummy
Stretch Marks - back of knees
Stretch Marks - thighs
Stretch Marks - hips